18 Reasons why Panama is an ideal location for second homes, retirement and real estate investment:
- Panama has a great variety of world-class attractions all in close proximity.
Easy-to-get-to exotic tropical rainforests, beautiful mountain refuges, Caribbean-style beaches, seven living Indian cultures, a Miami-style capital city, historical sites, golf, diving, rafting, sportfishing- not to mention that 8th wonder of the world and engineering marvel- The Panama Canal.
- Panama is safe.
Panama has the highest rating for tourist safety from the prestigious Pinkerton Intelligence Agency. In a Newsweek magazine article on tourism safety worldwide, Panama received the same tourism safety rating as the USA. Foreign residents in Panama will tell you how safe they feel living in Panama compared to any other country in Central America.
- Panama has a First World infrastructure.
Panama has a first-world infrastructure starting with a US-style capital city with high-speed internet, the second largest Free Trade Zone in the world, a banking sector with 90 banks, first-rate hotels and restaurants and shopping on par with the United States. The highway infrastructure, medical care, telecommunications and business services are excellent-comparable to the USA as noted in the ARRP’s Modern Maturity magazine.
- Panama is close.
As part of Central America, Panama is just a short plane ride away. Eight major US cities offer direct daily flights to Panama City: Los Angeles, New York, Newark, Miami, Houston, Dallas, Atlanta and Orlando.
- Panama is tourist friendly.
English is spoken as a second language and the Panamanian people are amongst the friendliest in the world. They are known for their peaceful, get-along and fun loving nature. As a result of the 90-year presence of Americans in the Canal Zone, Panamanians understand and appreciate Americans- thousands have worked with Americans as well as studied in the United States.
- Panama has the US dollar as its currency.
The dollar is Panama’s currency-a great convenience. That’s right! In Panama, there’s no need for currency exchange. No need to be a mathematical genius to figure out what that meal just cost or how much to tip the bellboy. Your bank accounts and investments are also all of course in US dollars.
- Panama has world-class medical care and a healthy environment. Many Panamanian doctors speak English and are American-trained. Several hospitals have medical services on par with US hospitals. Sanitary conditions are excellent- there is almost none of that tourism scrouge- “Montezuma’s Revenge”. You can even drink the tap water- a rarity in Latin America. An amazing abundance of fresh and inexpensive fruits and vegetables makes healthy living a pleasure.
- Panama is the best place for nature travel and ecotourism today.
Canopy tours, trekking, rappelling, sea kayaking and surfing are world-class experiences in Panama. Panama has the easiest-to-get-to exotic nature in the world. Its position as a narrow land bridge connecting two continents has endowed it with some of the worlds’ most pristine and bio-diverse rainforests in national parks covering 5 million acres. A key indicator of its bio-diversity: Panama has 944 recorded bird species, more than the U.S. and Canada combined. Furthermore, all that great nature is very accessible, with some of the best locations less than an hour from Panama City. There is a local saying that while in other countries you have 20 tourists looking at one bird, in Panama you have one tourist looking at 20 birds
- Panama has a wide selection of beaches and island venues and activities.
With two coasts and more than a thousand islands, there is much to choose from for beach vacations from full-service resorts to exotic island retreats.
- Panama- the affordable exotic destination.
Normally this kind of pristine natural beauty comes at a fancy price. Because Panama has just begun to promote itself as a tourist destination, its prices are still some of the best in the market.
- Panama is world-class for adventure.
International experts rave about river running in Panama, including rafting and kayaking. This includes rivers where you can ride 20 sets of rapids in one afternoon. Canyoning, trekking, rappelling and surfing offer similar world-class experiences for the hard and soft adventure seeker.
- Panama has world class fishing, diving, snorkeling and sailing.
One place in Panama, Pinas Bay, holds 170 world fishing records. There are five world-class diving areas: Coiba National Marine Park, the Pearl Islands, Bocas del Toro archipelago, Portobello and for historical diving the Panama Canal.
- Panama City is a smart choice for convention and incentive travel.
Panama City is a sophisticated and safe city with fascinating and fun things to do nearby. Day trips from Panama City include world-class sportfishing, rainforest adventures, golf, Indian village tours, scuba diving, fascinating historical sites, and the Panama Canal.
- Panama Has no Hurricanes or major destructive earthquakes.
Panama is even blessed by nature. It is the only country in Central America that is absolutely hurricane-free. Panama also has none of the destructive earthquakes that plague its Central American neighbors. Your Panama vacation will never be re-scheduled due to natural events. Your property investment will always be safe from hurricanes and earthquakes.
- Panama is Survivor Country.
How exotic and interesting is Panama? 14 countries have filmed their Survivor programs in the islands of Bocas del Toro and the Pearl Islands. CBS’s Survivor has filmed four series Panama’s Pearl Islands- the latest appearing as the Exile Island Series. No other country has had Survivor more than once.
- Panama is an international financial center. Panama is an international finance center with over 115 national and international institutions. Low mortgage programs and beneficial rates are readily available. Real estate developments have plentiful access to stable and healthy dollar funding for the building industry. Primary and second home mortgages opportunities are offered for nationals and foreigners.
- Panama is a diverse country. Join thousands of other international residents from US, Asia, Europe and Latin America in a country that has excellent social opportunities, English is widely spoken and understood.
- Other considerations. Excellent shopping, great restaurants, good schools, internet and services, quality constructions, world-class fishing, diving snorkeling and sailing. Panama is an affordable exotic destination.